Put our skills and knowledge to work for you. Attorney Carlos Gamino keeps you up to date with updates about the law and local news from the Milwaukee community.
Give Me a Call (414) 383-6700
Do not send confidential information. Use of this form does not create an attorney client relationship.
Copyright 2014 by Attorney Carlos Gamino
stacking his cabinet with people most beneficial to him?
A Look at Trump’s Cabinet Picks
- •Secretary of the Treasury: Steve Mnuchin. Mnuchin worked at Goldman Sachs for 17 years and, in 2009 (during the real estate crash), led a group that bought failed subprime lender IndyMac.
- •Attorney General: Jeff Sessions. Sessions was nominated to be a federal judge years ago, but the Senate wouldn’t confirm him after allegations that he’d made racist comments.
- •Secretary of Commerce: Wilbur Ross. Ross is a billionaire investor who chairs WL Ross & Co., investing in bankrupted steel makers and coal companies.
- •Secretary of Labor: Andrew Puzder. Puzder leads Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s fast-food restaurants, opposes the minimum wage, and has been accused of labor violations.
- •Secretary of Education: Betsy DeVos. DeVos, another billionaire, is chairwoman of the American Federation for Children, which promotes charter schools and decries public education.
- •Secretary of State: Rex Tillerson. Tillerson is the CEO of Exxon, and he’s known for doing “massive deals” in Russia.
- •Secretary of Energy: Rick Perry. Perry said in 2011 that he wanted to dismantle the Department of Energy.
- •Secretary of Housing and Urban Development: Ben Carson. Carson previously turned down positions in Trump’s cabinet, citing his “lack of experience,” but accepted the nomination as HUD secretary.
- •Secretary of Agriculture: Forrest Lucas. Lucas is the founder of Lucas Oil Products and an active anti-animal rights activist; he founded a non-profit to combat what he called the “radical” animal rights movement called Protect the Harvest.
- •Small Business Administration: Linda McMahon. McMahon, former CEO and co-founder of WWE, is the multimillionaire who’s been tagged to head up the Small Business Administration.
What Do You Think?
Are these picks evidence of Trump “draining the swamp,” or are they just more of the same? I’d love to hear your thoughts, so please share them on my Facebook page or on Twitter.
Donald Trump vowed to “drain the swamp” by moving Washington insiders on their way and populating his own cabinet with people who understand the struggles most of the country is facing.
But is that really what he’s doing, or is he
News from Attorney Carlos Gamino
Is Trump Draining the Swamp, or Filling It?
Please enter comments on this post by signing in to our guest book.